After more than 3 years on the road we have had more “that was the best day of my life” days than we can count. And more “I am NEVER going to do that ever again” days than we care to remember.
Over 30 countries through more than 5 continents has tested us to our absolute limits. Physically and emotionally. Individually and as a travelling couple.
After so long on the road, we have learnt a thing or two about travelling and about ourselves. These are our 50 lessons learnt from travelling the world. And while they may not relate to everyone, you may just learn something to help you on your next adventure.
50 lessons learnt from travelling the world
- Jandals are the only travel necessity you need.
- Lack of food while travelling makes for a very angry Cole.
- Lack of sleep while travelling make for a very angry Adela.
- War and politics may divide countries and people. Yet somehow travelling makes these problems disappear.
- Travelling as a couple has made our relationship stronger.
- It is okay to say no to things that you don’t want to do.
- Jasper National Park is nearly more beautiful than New Zealand.
- Anyone can do adventurous travel activities. You just need the willpower.
- Travel should be done as slowly as possible. Where feasible.
- As we get older, we appreciate a little more luxury.
- Adela definitely doesn’t like caving.
- Flights at the crack of dawn are always the cheapest. Because they suck.
- Overland travel is so much easier than flying.
- You should NEVER kiss a snake in Marrakech.
- And travelling sick sucks. You need to stay healthy at all costs.
- Airport currency exchange counters give you terrible rates.
- Australians are everywhere. And contrary to popular belief, New Zealand is NOT a part of Australia.
- Hindsight when travelling is a wonderful idea.
- Sunrises are worth waking up early for. Always.
- You should travel for a reason. Not just so say that you can say that you have travelled to the next “popular” destination.
- You should change your plans just so you can eat a local food delicacy.
- Working overseas while you are travelling allows you to travel longer.
- It is okay to request timeouts while travelling as a couple. Timeouts even work when stuck beside each other in a car driving across Canada and USA.
- Las Vegas really is an adults version of Disneyland.
- Get naked if the locals are naked so that you fit in with them.
- Skype is the worlds best invention for keeping in touch with family and friends.
- McDonald’s are everywhere. But we will only enter one to use their bathroom.
- Peeing in squat toilets is really hard. Prepare to get your feet wet the first few times.
- Street food is tastier and so much cheaper compared to touristy restaurants.
- Learning a tiny bit of the local language can get you so much respect in a new culture.
- It is not okay to stereotype people based on their race, religion, accent or the way they dress, before you get to know them. No matter how many times the stereotype turns out to be right.
- Cute Highland Cows will make the toughest or grumpiest person in the world smile.
- International media are often wrong. Most places they deem “unsafe” are, in fact, very safe.
- Amsterdam is a crazy place. But there is more to it than smoking weed and visiting peep shows.
- If travelling as a couple, make time for “date nights”.
- You need to have travel insurance. Especially if you are Adela.
- Exercise and routine can be important while travelling.
- So is sitting back on a beach and relaxing for the day.
- Travelling should make you open your eyes to change.
- When you are not looking for a toilet, they are everywhere. When you are busting, you will never find one.
- And paying for toilets will never become less annoying.
- No matter how much you have learnt about the Pyramids in Egypt, they will blow your mind in person.
- The more you travel, the more places and adventures we continue to add to our dream list.
- You should tear up your bucket list. Instead, live in the here and now.
- The Roman Colosseum is probably the coolest structure in the world.
- Couples should have to travel together before they get married.
- We prefer exploring adventures by ourselves, rather than on group tours.
- Jumping photos make pictures so much cooler.
- Nowhere is quite like home. But that is why you should travel the world.
- If something is holding you back from seeing the world. Quit doing that thing. Nothing should stop you from travelling.
Check out all these other awesome travel tips from us.
Five Fun Reasons to Move Pasadena
The whole idea about traveling is not to set your feet on foreign lands; it is to put your feet in your motherland. This explains why it is essential to research an area before relocating.
Are you contemplating moving to the Pasadena region of California and still in doubt whether you are making the right decision? Ask anyone who is familiar with Pasadena, and they will not hesitate to tell you that it is a life-changing decision you are about to make. The best Pasadena movers will certainly help you to move to and from the area and are available to help you during this time. So, don’t worry, you do have help as you conduct this large move.
Here are the five fun reasons why people move to the Pasadena area.
The Weather Conditions Are Amazing
You must think about Pasadena if you are looking for a place with favorable weather conditions all year round. Remember Pasadena is located further inland and at a higher altitude than Los Angeles. The location gives Pasadena the warm to hot Mediterranean-like conditions in the summer months and slightly colder winters and hotter summers. The night temperatures in the winter months will rarely dip below freezing. You can learn more about the wonderful weather in this beautiful place by contacting people who live in the area.
The Schooling System
Pasadena is home to 51 top private schools. The city is the place to be if you are looking for an extraordinary schooling experience. Whether you are a parent who is worried about your kid’s education or a young adult ready to explore the goodies in the education sector, Pasadena is just the right place to be. The South Pasadena region is home to the country’s highly-rated education institutions. It is best to click here to find out more about different opportunities and scale up your educational aspects in life.
The Green Action
Pasadena is a great place if you are looking for somewhere cool and unpolluted. Pasadena is one of the regions with the strictest climate change and greenhouse gas emission policies in California. The leadership seeks to reduce gas emissions by over 80% by 2050. This explains why you must be part of the state system. That means that you go hiking, and take on other activities like biking and breathe in the fresh air!
Dining and Shopping is Abundant
The Old Town Pasadena area gives its residents an incredible selection of local amenities spanning over 21 blocks for dining, shopping, fun, and engaging in exciting things for all age groups. The region offers a wide range of upscale boutiques and retail stores and an endless selection of pubs, comedy clubs, outdoor cafes, and restaurants.
Pasadena has constantly been revitalized into an outstanding global village. The town provides an open-air mall with three city blocks, a shopping district in the South Lake Avenue area, and a classical collection of Arclight Cinemas.
The Homes in the Area
Pasadena provides you with the finest example of the residential architecture of the early 20th century. From Frank Lloyd Wright’s 1923 Millard House to the arts and crafts Gamble House, the Pasadena region is full of old housing models that will remain lingering in your mind. Even though they may not be available for sale, you may have the opportunity to land on residential properties and other craftsman-style homes like the Spanish colonial revival residences that have been in existence from the early 1900s.
From the incredible sporting history and old-school architectures to the exceptional schooling facilities, find out why this place is fantastic. In particular, the sensible climatic conditions leave everybody yearning to call Pasadena their home.
Why You Should Move to Tulsa Oklahoma
Are you contemplating a place to settle down in life? Do you want a place to start a family? Are you looking for a place that will give you an exciting city life with Atlantic scale weather? Then Tulsa Oklahoma, is the place to be.
Here are the reasons why you should move to Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The Low Cost of Living
Tulsa offers you incredibly low prices on everything. This explains why you must consider Tulsa, Oklahoma, as your next area of residence. Remember, Oklahoma is an oil state, so you don’t need to worry about heating bills as much due to various capacity levels. This makes everything cheap. The fact that Tulsa has room for expansion reveals why it has the least housing costs compared to other regions. Similarly, Tulsa enjoys a lot of healthy business competition and a booming economy that makes life easy.
The Ever-Expanding Job Markets
The low cost of living in Tulsa allows its residents to spend more. This, in turn, yields a favorable environment for businesses to thrive and offer low rates.
Such an exemplary cycle of consumerism and business yields endless job opportunities.
Tulsa’s low-cost living has also attracted both startups and multinationals to set up their headquarters and branches. Tulsa is home to a wide range of in-demand sectors like those in the information technology, aerospace, finance, and energy sectors.
In fact, most of the initially established industries in the Western and Eastern coasts are evading the stricter regulations and high costs of operation while considering Tulsa as the best place to settle. The resultant moving companies come with lots of job opportunities. Tulsa’s willing workforce, incentive packages, and low operation costs make it a place where every company wants to relocate. This creates enormous job openings.
The Entertainment Is Quite Compelling
Tulsa has every kind of entertainment on your list. From the live music bands to recreational centers, Tulsa Oklahoma, is the place to reside. The Cain’s Ballroom is one of the must-visit places if you want to enjoy all sorts of live music scenes that the American landscape can provide.
Other areas like the BOK Center and the Brady Theatre will leave you wanting to explore genres like electronica, star performances, and rock.
Have you ever heard of the Tulsa Zoo? Well, you will have the opportunity to move closer to the country’s cutest animals any day, Monday to Saturday, when you make the decision of moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Of course, we cannot forget about the gambling opportunities present in the state, either!
The Healthiest City (At Least One of Them)
Tulsa is the place to move if you are among the growing number of health-conscious Americans. Tulsa is ranked as one of the healthiest cities in the state of Oklahoma. This makes it a great space to be if you are trying to take control of your health and that of your family.
The city provides you with lots of healthy feeding options. The Cherry Street market goes to record as one of the health-sensitive farmers’ markets that Tulsa, Oklahoma, can provide. The terrain in Tulsa makes it suitable to engage in healthy sporting activities like skiing, biking, and trail hiking. The Tulsa Runner and the Sun & Sky operations will give great opportunities to get in shape.
Tulsa Oklahoma, takes care of all your health, social and economic needs. From housing and employment to sports and fitness, Tulsa Oklahoma, takes care of all your residential needs.