15 Student Budget Travel Tips
15 Student Budget Travel Tips
Travelling is a dream, more or less secret, for many students. They are growing up, becoming adults, and their unquenchable thirst for more knowledge is always hunting for new horizons. Encouraged by their study and by a huge travel literature, some students are eager for museums, exhibitions and cultural events, others are fascinated by remote mystical spots, others are compellingly attracted by extreme challenges.
Yet the goal of a journey is perhaps less important than the journey itself. “Travel doesn’t merely broaden the mind. It makes the mind” (Bruce Chatwin): exploring the world with an open mind and a positive attitude, getting in touch with far cultures and diverse people can really make your points of view more flexible and objective, even showing how life in your homeland, in your very hometown is just one of the countless possible way of living on this planet. Is one better than another? The more you travel, the less your judgements are conclusive.
How to plan a budget travel
Unfortunately, college and university years are often associated with an endemic lack of money and many travel wishes often turn in broken dreams. Yet traveling inexpensively is possible and several websites offer useful travel tips, sometimes very unusual, on how you can create a budget travel. A smart planning, moreover, can even allow you to earn money while fulfilling your dreams!
Hence take a seat, pen and paper, and let’s start defining the goals for your next trip!
- Where, when, how much. Indeed, the basis for every travel! They should be planned together: the available budget and the travelling season influence the final decision on the target. There are many cheap travel destinations you can choose among, a bit off the beaten track maybe, but as charming and stunning as the most popular touristic spots.
- Be informed! Once you have set your destination, once you know by and large when you will travel, you should gather as many info as possible, starting with the main goal of your trip: an exceptional music festival, a couple of special archeological sites, an unspoiled natural area. From that starting gate, expand your search, read travel blogs and don’t be afraid to get in touch with more experienced senior travelers, they are usually very helpful and fond of useful tips.
- Flights and connections. Every airline has a travel planner showing the cheapest flights around a certain date. Just be careful and check the eventual coincidences with airport connections, trains and buses: sometimes low-cost flights force you to biblical and annoying waits.
- Be precise! Accuracy and punctuality are a must when travelling, particularly as regard airport procedures, check in, baggage drop-off etc. Precision is especially vital when you are abroad, perhaps in a non-English speaking country. I would also suggest to have a copy of your ID documents, as well as of air/bus/train tickets.
- Be unprecise! When visiting a town, a region or a country, you simply can’t see everything. I follow a very easy rule: besides a small numbers of spots, buildings, museums I really want to visit, I let my instinct guide me, choosing what to do on the basis of the available time, the weather and on my today mood and shape. It works! Travelling becomes more relaxing and enjoyable.
- Essential and unnecessary. Travelling light is warmly recommended. Write down a list of what should be included in your luggage and check it by and by before leaving, excluding each time everything that sounds superfluous. You can also google for some tips on how travel lightly. Remember to include a guide book in your list!
- Avoid tourist traps. Every touristic town has one or more areas packed with souvenir shops selling improbable typical handmade unique stuff. Such articles are also valuable, but with some patience and a pinch of luck, you can probably find some more authentic and less expensive objects.
- Look where the locals eat. Many travel sites suggest to cook your own food in order to lower the costs of your journey; sometimes, however, it is not possible, or you just want to taste the local food. In this case I recommend, again, to avoid places full of tourists, looking for some small, maybe hidden and not too glimmering restaurant instead: here you can usually experience the most authentic food of a region, for a fair price and with the right atmosphere!
- Avoid areas known to be dangerous. Unfortunately world is not a safe place. There are wars going on, tensions ready to explode at any moment, also every metropolis has areas with a high crime rate. Finding yourself in such areas can turn very expensive and dangerous. Travel safely is something not to bargain on, for you and for your family waiting at home.
- Written and unwritten rules. Every society has some unwritten standards of behavior, which can be very different from yours. Some observation before acting can be very rewarding: showing respect for the country you’re visiting immediately make people more friendly, which practically results in preferential and economically more advantageous dealings.
- Add some local flavor to your trip. Besides the touristic attractions, there are often minor events targeted to local people. A folk music festival or a jazz evening, for example, are cheap ways to dive into the local culture, also giving you the opportunity to meet actively with locals.
- Share your gifts and skills. Travelling means meeting new people and hopefully making new friends. Sharing your passions with them, for example by cooking some special recipes from your country, can be a good, economical and funny way to strengthen the friendship.
- Use technologies. The image of the Romantic traveler taking notes with ancient Roman ruins in the background is a long time gone memory. Nowadays we are dependent on technologies, and we can smartly use them to save money during our travels. Use Skype or WhatsApp to call home, possibly when a free WI-FI connection is available, or use some free online storage service to save your photos.
- Use your skills. A notebook, a connection to the internet and some special skills can even make you earn some money. There are several freelance jobs you can do while travelling, writing for example. Many website offers cheap paper writing service and are always looking for new talents.
- I wouldn’t say that smiling makes you directly save money, but a positive attitude to whatever happens when traveling is rewarding anyway: we go through a journey as we go through life, doing it with an open smile makes everything easier, funnier and lighter. So, why don’t smile?
This article was contributed by Robert Everett who is a freelance writer currently based in Chicago. Solving students career and university problems. Having interest in marketing and business.
Everything you Need to Know When Booking a Boutique Hotel in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv is a city that offers visitors a unique blend of history, culture, and modernity. With its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, and incredible food scene, it’s no wonder that so many people flock to this bustling city every year. When it comes to finding the perfect accommodation in Tel Aviv, a boutique hotel can offer a personalized and memorable experience. In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know when booking a boutique hotel in Tel Aviv.
First and foremost, it’s important to understand what sets a boutique hotel in Tel Aviv apart from other types of accommodation. Boutique hotels are typically smaller than traditional hotels, and they offer a more personalized and intimate experience for guests. They often have unique decor, with each room designed to feel like a home away from home. Boutique hotels in Tel Aviv may also offer special amenities like rooftop terraces, spas, and pool areas.
When it comes to location, a boutique hotel near Tel Aviv beach can be a great choice for those looking to soak up the sun and enjoy the Mediterranean sea. Many boutique hotels are located just a short walk from the beach. These chic hotels offer comfortable rooms and a rooftop terrace with stunning views of the city. The location is ideal for those who want to be close to the beach while still having easy access to the city’s many cultural attractions.
If you’re looking for a gay hotel in Tel Aviv, there are many options to choose from. The city is known for its thriving LGBTQ+ community, and many boutique hotels cater specifically to this demographic.
When booking a boutique hotel in Tel Aviv, it’s important to consider your budget. While boutique hotels can be more expensive than traditional hotels, they often offer unique amenities and personalized experiences that make the extra cost worth it. However, there are also budget-friendly options available.
Another factor to consider when booking a boutique hotel in Tel Aviv is the level of service you can expect. Boutique hotels often pride themselves on providing personalized and attentive service to their guests. This may include things like 24-hour front desk assistance, concierge services, and in-room dining options. It’s worth researching the level of service offered by each hotel you’re considering to ensure that it meets your expectations.
When it comes to finding the right boutique hotel in Tel Aviv, it’s also important to do your research on the different neighborhoods in the city. Some of the most popular areas for tourists include the beachside neighborhoods of Jaffa and Tel Aviv Port, as well as the trendy neighborhoods of Neve Tzedek and Rothschild Boulevard. Each neighborhood has its own unique character and attractions, so it’s worth considering what you’re interested in seeing and doing during your stay in Tel Aviv.
The Boutique Hotels in Tel Aviv are the perfect destination for a romantic vacation in Tel Aviv. The hotels are located just steps away from the beach, making it the perfect place to relax and unwind with your partner. The hotel’s elegant and sophisticated decor creates a romantic atmosphere, with plush furnishings and luxurious amenities designed to make you feel pampered and special.
The hotel’s rooms and suites are beautifully appointed, with comfortable beds, high-quality linens, and thoughtful touches like complimentary wine and chocolates. Many rooms also feature balconies with stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea, creating the perfect backdrop for a romantic evening.
In addition to their luxurious accommodations, boutique hotels offer a range of amenities designed to help you and your partner relax and enjoy your time together. The hotel’s rooftop terrace and sun loungers, provide the perfect place to soak up the sun and enjoy the stunning views of the Tel Aviv skyline.
Finally, the hotel’s location in the heart of Tel Aviv means that you’re just steps away from some of the city’s best restaurants, bars, and attractions. Whether you’re interested in exploring the vibrant nightlife scene, taking a romantic stroll along the beach, or simply enjoying a delicious meal together, a Boutique Hotel puts you in the perfect position to experience all that Tel Aviv has to offer. Don’t forget you can also enjoy a good Israeli breakfast in Tel Aviv.
In short, a romantic getaway at a boutique hotel in Tel Aviv is an experience that you and your partner will never forget. With its luxurious accommodations, stunning views, and range of amenities designed to help you relax and unwind, a boutique hotel provides the perfect base from which to explore one of the most romantic cities in the world.
Overall, there are many things to consider when booking a boutique hotel in Tel Aviv. From location and budget to amenities and service, it’s important to do your research to ensure that you find the perfect accommodation for your needs. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation or a lively city break, Tel Aviv has plenty to offer, and a boutique hotel can provide the perfect base from which to explore all that the city has to offer. So start planning your trip today and get ready to experience the magic of this incredible city!
Cruising in Comfort: The Benefits of Chartering a Yacht in Thailand
Thailand is known for its beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and stunning landscapes. It’s no wonder that many tourists flock to this Southeast Asian country every year to soak up the sun, explore its many islands, and experience its rich culture. While there are many ways to see Thailand’s coastline, one of the best is by chartering a yacht. With the right yacht charter company, you can explore Thailand’s stunning coastline and islands in complete comfort and luxury. Isabella Yachts have a range of beautiful boats to charter, all equipped with modern amenities, that will ensure you have an unforgettable experience.
Privacy and Exclusivity
One of the most significant advantages of chartering a yacht in Thailand is the level of privacy and exclusivity you’ll enjoy. You’ll be able to escape the crowds and experience Thailand’s coastline and islands in a more intimate setting, without having to worry about noisy tourists or overcrowded beaches. With your own private yacht, you’ll have access to secluded coves and pristine beaches that are only accessible by boat, allowing you to truly immerse yourself in the beauty of Thailand.
Another advantage of chartering a yacht in Thailand is the ability to tailor your trip to your specific needs and interests. Whether you’re an avid snorkeler, a passionate fisherman, or a lover of water sports, you can create an itinerary that incorporates your favorite activities. If you’re traveling with a group, you can also ensure that everyone has a fantastic time by planning activities that everyone will enjoy. Furthermore, if you’re traveling with young children, you can tailor your itinerary to ensure they have a fun and safe experience.
Access to Secluded Coves and Beaches
When you charter a yacht in Thailand, you have the advantage of being able to reach secluded coves and pristine beaches that are only accessible by boat. This allows you to escape the crowds and enjoy a more intimate and exclusive experience of Thailand’s coastline and islands. Whether you’re looking for a quiet and peaceful place to relax, or you want to explore a hidden corner of this stunning country, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to do so. With your own private yacht, you’ll be able to access secluded spots that are not easily reachable by land or other modes of transportation, giving you a unique and unforgettable experience of Thailand’s natural beauty. Whether you’re a fan of snorkeling, diving, or simply soaking up the sun, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to enjoy the crystal-clear waters and lush tropical scenery of Thailand’s hidden coves and beaches.
Some of the most popular yacht destinations in Thailand include:
- Phuket: This popular island is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant nightlife. It’s also a hub for yacht charters, with plenty of marinas, shops, and restaurants to explore.
- Krabi: This scenic province is known for its dramatic cliffs, pristine beaches, and crystal-clear waters. With plenty of opportunities for rock climbing, kayaking, and snorkeling, Krabi is a popular destination for adventure-seekers.
- Koh Samui: This tropical island is famous for its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and vibrant nightlife. With plenty of restaurants, shops, and bars, Koh Samui is the perfect destination for those who want to experience the best of Thailand’s beach life.
- Koh Phi Phi: This group of stunning islands is known for its vibrant beaches, crystal-clear waters, and dramatic cliffs. With plenty of opportunities for snorkeling, diving, and kayaking, Koh Phi Phi is a popular destination for water sports enthusiasts.
When you charter a yacht in Thailand, you’ll have the benefit of a dedicated crew who will take care of all your needs during your trip. From navigation and piloting the yacht, to cooking delicious meals and making sure that you have everything you need, your crew will be there to ensure that your experience is as smooth and enjoyable as possible. This leaves you with the freedom to relax and focus on the things that matter most, whether that’s soaking up the sun, exploring the local area, or simply enjoying the company of your friends and family.
Fresh and Authentic Meals
Food is an integral part of any holiday experience, and when you charter a yacht in Thailand, you’ll be able to enjoy delicious, fresh, and authentic meals. Your dedicated crew will take care of all your culinary needs, whether you want to dine on board or enjoy a picnic on a secluded beach. You can choose from a range of international and Thai dishes, or if you have specific dietary requirements, your crew will be happy to accommodate your needs. Furthermore, you’ll have the option to dine in a range of beautiful locations, from the comfort of your yacht to secluded beaches and stunning lookout points.
Finally, chartering a yacht in Thailand is a cost-effective way to experience the country’s stunning coastline. While it may seem expensive at first, when you factor in the cost of accommodation, meals, transportation, and activities, a yacht charter can be a more affordable option. Furthermore, you’ll have the ability to spread the cost among your group, making it an even more cost-effective option.
In conclusion, chartering a yacht in Thailand offers an unforgettable experience, filled with comfort, luxury, and freedom. With the ability to tailor your itinerary, enjoy exclusive access to secluded coves and pristine beaches, and dine on delicious meals, a yacht charter in Thailand is the perfect way to experience this stunning country. So, why wait? Start planning your yacht charter in Thailand today and discover the beauty and wonder of this stunning country in comfort and style.
What you need Before Visiting Colombia in 2023
Colombia has always been a beautiful country with a rich culture and history. Each year many people are eager to visit. However, before you plan your trip, it’s important to be aware of the requirements and regulations for visiting the country.
First and foremost, all travelers to Colombia must have a valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months after your planned date of departure from Colombia. It is also important to check with your country’s embassy in Colombia to see if any additional travel documents are required.
In addition to a valid passport, travelers to Colombia must also have a valid visa. The type of visa required will depend on the purpose of your trip and the length of your stay. Depending on the passport you have there are not many requirements to visit Colombia. Tourist visas are typically valid for 90 days, while business visas are valid for 180 days. If you plan to stay in Colombia for a longer period of time, you will need to apply for a different type of visa.
Before you travel to Colombia, it is also important to have travel insurance. This will help cover any medical expenses or other costs if something unexpected happens during your trip. It’s also a good idea to check if your insurance covers you in Colombia, if not, you may want to consider getting travel insurance specifically for Colombia.
When it comes to vaccinations, it is recommended that travelers to Colombia have their routine vaccinations up to date, such as measles, chickenpox, and the flu. Additionally, it is also recommended that travelers get vaccinated for yellow fever if they plan to visit areas of Colombia where the disease is present.
When it comes to packing, it’s important to be aware of the climate and culture of the country. Colombia is a tropical country, so it’s a good idea to pack lightweight clothing and sunscreen. it’s also important to bring comfortable shoes as you will do a lot of walking.
During your trip, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and to take the necessary precautions to ensure your safety. It’s a good idea to avoid walking alone at night and to avoid carrying large amounts of money with you. It’s also important to be aware of local laws and customs, and to respect them while you are in the country.
In conclusion, visiting Colombia can be an exciting and enriching experience, but it’s important to be aware of the requirements and regulations for traveling to the country. Make sure you have a valid passport and visa, travel insurance, and vaccinations, and be mindful of your safety and the local laws and customs. With proper planning and preparation, your trip to Colombia can be a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Meet Cole and Adela
We have been wearing out our jandals (Kiwi for flip-flops) on our travel adventures around the world since 2009. We think our blog is thought provoking and a little witty. But we have been proven wrong before. Find out more about us here...
New on Four Jandals
What Are You Looking For?
- Adventure Travel (235)
- Africa (25)
- Asia (30)
- Auto (2)
- City Guides (25)
- Entertainment (6)
- Europe (176)
- Food (16)
- Home (4)
- Inspiration (12)
- North America (51)
- Oceania (32)
- Other (219)
- Personal Musings (9)
- Reviews (16)
- Technology (11)
- Travel Blogging Tips (9)
- Travel Tips (272)
See Our Favorite Topics
Travel Tips2 months ago
What you need Before Visiting Colombia in 2023
Adventure Travel1 month ago
A Beginner’s Guide to Yacht Charters: How to Choose the Right Yacht and Plan the Perfect Trip
Home1 month ago
A Snapshot of Adventure: Why You Should Print Your Travel Photos
Travel Tips1 month ago
Cruising in Comfort: The Benefits of Chartering a Yacht in Thailand
Travel Tips3 weeks ago
Everything you Need to Know When Booking a Boutique Hotel in Tel Aviv