Looking for a new place to take off to? You have probably heard a lot of people gush about Vietnam. The country has begun to realize its tourist potential and there’s a lot more to see and do than there ever was before.
It’s about time you experienced the splendor of this country by yourself. Here are some things that will definitely lure you into touring Vietnam.
A Piece of History on Your Plate
Vietnam has a very long and continuous history. Hominid settlements have been found dating to half a million years ago and the country’s cultural history is around 20,000 years old.
- The Complex of Hué Monuments in Hué, was the first site in Vietnam to be recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Hué was established as the capital of Viet Nam in 1802. The city was not only the political center of then unified Viet Nam but also the religious and cultural center. The city was built around the Perfume River and offers beautiful scenic views. There are also monuments, tombs, pagodas, temples, and more to hold your interest.
- The ancient town of Hoi An was once a major port. The town is now one of the country’s wealthiest and important tourism destinations. Hoi An is free from traffic and pollution woes and you’ll find the atmosphere here to be pleasant. This delightful town has Chinese temples, Japanese merchant houses, ancient tea warehouses and more to cherish.
- The Cu Chi province in Vietnam has an elaborate system of underground tunnels that were built by the Viet Cong guerrillas during the Vietnam War. These tunnels served as living quarters; hiding spots; hospitals; food and weapon caches; and supply routes. The network of tunnels was built over a period of more than two decades and has been turned into a memorial park. Tourists can crawl around in some parts of the tunnel and get a peek into what life was like in the 1950s.
Tour National Parks and Sanctuaries
Vietnam has several national parks and sanctuaries great for one-day trips, camping, or hiking. Vietnam and Cambodia tours are practically guaranteed to never disappoint.
- The Cát Bà National Park is situated on the Cát Bà Island in Hạ Long Bay. The tropical rainforest teems with several species of reptiles, birds and mammals. Many plant species found here are unique to the country.
- The Cu Lao Cham Marine Park on the Chàm Islands is recognized by UNESCO as a Biosphere Reserve. The islands are a wonderful place to soak up some sun. The forests are lush and populated with wild monkeys. You can get the best “bird’s nest soup” in the world on the Chàm Islands.
- The Cát Tiên National Park is about 90 miles to the north of Ho Chi Minh City. The Park protects a large area of lowland tropical rainforest and is home to 40 species of animals and birds that are listed in the World Red list of threatened species.
Get a Taste of Vietnamese Cuisine
Vietnamese cuisine consists pretty much entirely of rice, green vegetables, fruits and fish sauce! Vietnam is the world’s second largest exporter of rice in the world and the Vietnamese can eat rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fish sauce is added to almost all dishes and you could be served an array of fresh fruits as dessert.
- Pho is a staple food including rice noodles, broth, herbs and beef or chicken. It is available just about everywhere and has many variations. Try Bún Bò Huế which is beef and vermicelli soup, Bún Riêu which is crab and tomato noodle soup, Canh Chua which is a sour tamarind soup, or Bánh Canh Bột Lọc which is soup including thick noodles.
- Bánh Xèo is a crispy crepe filled with shrimp, pork, bean sprouts, and herbs. It is served with sauce and you can even roll lettuce leaves or rice paper over it and relish.
- Towards the north of the country, the food is inspired by Chinese cuisine. As such, one can easily find Cơm chiên or fried rice to eat.
- Bánh Tét or ‘sticky rice cakes’ are savory rice cakes wrapped in banana leaves. They need to be prepared skillfully and are widely eaten during the Vietnamese New Year.
- If you crave for some sandwich in the Far East, Bánh Mì or Vietnamese sandwich will delight you. A French baguette layered with ham, pork, pickled radish, carrots and cilantro gives you everything your taste-buds could ask for.
Indulge in Adventure Sports
With the natural diversity that Vietnam has to offer, there are several options when it comes to enjoying outdoor sports and adventure activities.
- You can go kayaking in Hạ Long Bay. During low tides, one can go through low caves and take in the beauty of limestone and volcanic rings.
- The South China Sea to the East of the country provides ample opportunities for water-sports such as diving, sailing, snorkeling, jet-skiing and kite-surfing.
- Mount Fansipan (the highest peak in the country); the Cát Tiên and Cuc Phuong National Parks; and the Central Highlands are great places to go trekking or hiking.
- One can also rent a motorbike and tour the Central Highlands or Far North. Cycling in the Mekong Delta can be enjoyable as most of the routes are quite flat.
Hills, mountains, valleys, beaches- Vietnam has it all. Whether you want a lazy vacation or something action-packed, you will find Vietnam to be the best choice you ever made.
So get your visas and tickets and get packing!
Eric Andujar is a freelance writer and traveler. He writes about the best destinations and travel deals. One of his favorite places on Earth is Vietnam and he loves talking to people about the country, how to get a Vietnam visa on arrival and why it’s a country that needs to be visited at all costs.
5 Ways To Improve Your Sight
Our eyesight is perhaps one of our most useful and most essential senses (this, of course, may be moot). For many, the idea of losing their vision can be a scary thing. Loss of vision begins for many in their late 40s when it starts to become prominent. However, there are many ways in which you can improve your sight and keep from losing it in the extended scheme of things.
So here in this list, we have taken the liberty to compile a list of 5 ways in which you can improve your sight.
5 Ways To Improve Your Sight
# 1 – Prescription Glasses
In today’s internet driven world it is now easier than ever to get whatever you want online. You can buy glasses online or prescription sunglasses very easy and have it delivered to your home. No fuss and no hassle.
# 2 – Eat Carrots
Carrots are especially beneficial for our eye health, and it would prove invaluable for you to eat or drink as much carrot juice as you can. It may initially have a bitter taste but the more you drink it you will get used to it.
# 3- Bilberry Supplements
Bilberry is a supplement that is not that common with those who aren’t into the health niche, but bilberry is an excellent supplement for those who are looking to improve their eyesight.
# 4 – Watch Things From Far Away
This may seem like a strange method, but when you look at items off at a distance, you are strengthening your eyes. Your eyes are muscles, and they need exercise just as much as your body does.
So when you are looking at items or object off at a distance you are doing your eyes a significant workout that they desperately need.
# 5 Finger Eye Push Ups
To continue on with our last entry – a great way to get your eyes to see better and to improve them is by doing finger eye push-ups. Now, this doesn’t mean placing your finger in your eye but your eye’s vision.
By placing your finger in front of your eye and then away and back again you will strengthen the eye. This is because the eye is working to see an object in two different ranges.
Strength Your Eyes
Improving your eyes without surgery and an operation is possible. And if you consider these methods, you will “see” where we are coming from.
Video Slot Games Are All The Rage
Online casino games have seen a meteoric rise in popularity over the years. Let’s be honest -gambling is the average man’s pastime event. Very easy, simple and if you’re lucky you can win out big on a few small dollars or coins.
For this reason slot games have become some of the most highly played and enduring online casino games for newbies as well as veterans.
So it is no wonder that video slot games like Bullion Bars slot online are some of the most popular online casino games. Not only do they provide a great deal of entrainment but the payouts are quite high for those who manage to get the jackpot prize money.
However what remains a hallmark feature of online casino games and slot games comes in the form of how easy they are to win.
Playing online casino games are much easier to win then had you visited a real-life casino. This is not to undermine real-life casinos – as they do offer their fun and entertainment.
But online casino games are geared to the player. The online casino must payout players, all players, for a majority of the time, and when we say a majority of the time we mean almost all of the time.
Many online slot casino games and other casino games require that the online casino have a payout rate as low as 95%.
As low as 95%!!!!
So the chances of winning are highly in favor of the players. Failure to pay out players and having the casino simply take in more income then should be taking in will have the online casino shut down.
For those interested in playing online video slot games then now is the best time to play in this very lucrative and highly entertaining entertainment medium.
Online slot games come in a variety of themes and can offer any player, old or new, an experience that will keep them coming back time and time again.
The experience that online slot games offer players are top-notch, and the notion that many layers can play these games anywhere, at home on their desktop or the bus on their mobile home is what makes these games so alluring.
With very little to pay to play these games and a massive amount that can be paid out on a small amount as well as for being entertained the online casino slot gems don’t look like they will slow down anytime soon.
Three Reasons Pregnant Women Should Test Their Tap Water
Drinking plenty of fresh, clean water is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. It’s even more important to make sure your water is free of contaminants when you are pregnant. Drinking enough water during pregnancy maintains amniotic fluid levels and helps carry nutrients to the baby. However, if you are drinking contaminated water, the more you drink, the more the fetus is exposed to the harmful effects of those contaminants.
Water quality has been headline news lately after it was discovered that the public drinking water contained lead in Flint, Michigan. If you’re pregnant or know someone who is, you may be wondering if it is safe to drink tap water while pregnant. Here are three contaminants you should test for if you’re pregnant and drinking tap water.
Lead poisoning is a serious concern during pregnancy. Lead can be found in old water taps and outdated plumbing. As water travels through and sits in these pipes, it can absorb lead. If a pregnant woman drinks this water, her body then absorbs the lead which can be passed to the fetus.
While lead may not cause serious harm to a pregnant woman, the fetus can suffer lasting damage from even low levels of lead exposure. As the fetus grows, lead causes blood cells to become deformed, preventing them from functioning properly. Lead also damages the peripheral and central nervous systems causing learning disabilities as the child develops. Children affected by lead also tend to be shorter than other children and may have trouble with their hearing.
Water naturally contains bacteria, but in excess amounts it can be harmful, especially to pregnant women. E. coli is a type of bacteria that is occasionally found in the water. This is the same bacteria that is known to cause food poisoning, and it has the same effects when it is in your water. It can cause stomach cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, and fever, all of which can put a developing fetus at risk. Bacterial contamination can also be an indication of other contaminants such as protozoa and viruses which are linked to dysentery and hepatitis.
- Pesticides, Heavy Metals, and Chemicals
Lead poisoning and bacterial contamination are the most dangerous water contaminants for a pregnant woman and her baby, but there are other pollutants that are also concerning. Both municipal water and well water can test positive for pesticides, heavy metals, and other chemicals. While in low amounts, they may not be especially harmful to the pregnant mother, any exposure can pose a risk to the developing fetus.
Make Sure Your Tap Water is Safe
If you’re pregnant, the best way to make sure your drinking water is safe, is to test it. Whether you are drinking tap water, city water, well water, bottled water, or even filtered water, all are at risk for common contaminants that can harm a fetus. You can send water samples to a lab for complete analysis, but this can be costly, and it often takes weeks to get results. A faster and easier solution is a home testing kit. Most kits will give you results in a matter of minutes. If you’re pregnant, don’t take chances with the water you’re drinking, test your water today.
Meet Cole and Adela
We have been wearing out our jandals (Kiwi for flip-flops) on our travel adventures around the world since 2009. We think our blog is thought provoking and a little witty. But we have been proven wrong before. Find out more about us here...
New on Four Jandals
- The Top Wildlife Attractions In The Exumas November 25, 2021
- Amazing Places to Travel In Pakistan and From Pakistan November 5, 2021
- 7 Best Ways to Explore Greece September 15, 2021
What Are You Looking For?
- Adventure Travel (234)
- Africa (25)
- Asia (30)
- Auto (2)
- Business (4)
- Canada (4)
- City Guides (25)
- Education (4)
- Entertainment (6)
- Europe (176)
- Events (3)
- Fashion (4)
- Finance (4)
- Fitness (2)
- Food (15)
- Health (7)
- Home (3)
- Inspiration (12)
- North America (51)
- Oceania (32)
- Other (219)
- Personal Musings (9)
- Reviews (16)
- Sports (1)
- Technology (11)
- Travel Blogging Tips (9)
- Travel Tips (260)
- Work (1)