Western Australia is a huge region that covers nearly a third of the country as a whole. While a big proportion of the population is concentrated in located in the southwest, there are plenty of great road trip opportunities throughout the area – especially if you are looking to get off the beaten path. So, in this blog post, we will cover just a few ideas that could take you on the journey of a lifetime.
Let’s start off in the northwest corner of the country around the iconic Kimberley region between Broome and Kununurra. Highway 1 will take you to places including Purnululu – otherwise known as the Bungle Bungles – as well as historic outback communities and the largest man-made body of water in the world, Lake Argyle. Otherwise, you could take the road less travelled along the Gibb, where it is certainly worth taking the detour up to the Mitchell Plateau, famous for its cascading waterfalls.
Grand Central Road
If you are looking for an authentic outback adventure, a trip along the Grand Central Road could well be the option for you. This red-dirt highway takes in some of the most celebrated attractions in the region including Alice Springs, Uluru and the WA goldfields. For people with plenty of time on their hands, you have the opportunity to travel from the far north-east of the country all the way to the far south-west. There are various campsites along the way that give you the opportunity to really appreciate this sparse, yet beautiful landscape.
Starting in the remote and bustling city of Perth, you can spend a couple of days taking in this pleasant city before looking at car hire options to take you along the beautiful Coral Coast. The Pinnacles Desert near Cervantes is a must-see attraction for its famous limestone spires. A couple of the other magical experiences which you can enjoy along the way include feeding wild dolphins at Monkey Mia, snorkelling around the coral of Ningaloo Reef and hiking in Kalbarri.
The Great Southwest Edge
The final road trip idea that we are going to discuss is situated in the far southwest of the region, where you will find some of the whitest sand and bluest water in the whole of Australia. Don’t miss out on whale-watching at Point Ann or seeing the wildflowers of Fitzgerald River National Park. When you are ready to take a break and relax, head over to the Margaret River region where you can enjoy some of the nation’s finest wines.
Western Australia is far too big a region to enjoy on a single trip, but each one of these four road trip options is worth embarking on during your time here. Whether you are looking for a remote adventure or a comfortable drive along the coast, you have a myriad of options in front of you. Enjoy!
5 Expert Tips with Examples for Getting Started in Travel Writing
Writing is a very important and helpful skill. It has multiple benefits for the professional, intellectual, and spiritual development. Undertake any kind of writing and you’ll enjoy a lot. One of the currently popular genres is travel writing. This is a very creative nonfiction style of writing. A traveling writer describes the places he or she visits and explains his/her feelings associated with the traveling and visited places.
So, if you are an active traveler and have a soul of a writer, you should combine these two aspects. Describe your experiences while you’re on a trip and encourage other people. However, you may not know how to start or develop your projects. Nothing wrong with that. Read our guide, which provides effective writing tips for travel writers.
Make allowances for the following points:
1. Create an online portfolio. The Internet gives us multiple outstanding benefits. One of such is speed. You may easily share your emotions and experiences anytime and anyplace you are. Therefore, think about your own writer’s blog or even a portfolio website. Present your bibliography as soon as you arrive at the destination point. Thus, you may instantly share your impressions with your readers. Add pictures and videos to enhance your descriptions. Your readers will embrace what you feel in full. In addition, this is an amazing opportunity to reach other writers and editors for a stronger collaboration. Of course, you’ll acquire even more followers.
2. Nurture a niche. You should choose your own direction. Try to be original and don’t repeat after other writers. Otherwise, nobody would like to read the same themes. Separate yourself from the rest. Afterward, work in that direction. Find those specifications, which impassion you. Thus, it’ll be much easier for the writer. Establish and develop your own style. Differ from the crowd. Under such conditions, you’ll attract a larger audience. Use media, such as Facebook and Twitter to find more followers. Collaborate with other writers to become more famous.
3. Begin with smaller things. You should widen the horizons. Nonetheless, it shouldn’t be done all at once. Widen the world by starting small. You should focus on your own content, which should go a single direction. Within time, as you gain experience and popularity, you should write on other matters. If you want other people to read your works, use the help. Go to the local newspaper agency or find a popular website. Discuss the reasonable terms about your publications and start your writing career. It is quite possible that you would require some assistance from an editor. It is better to have an experienced writer who will show you a thing or two.
4. Work online and offline. As it has been already mentioned, you should use the power of the Internet. Develop your online resource in all possible ways. Cultivate your connections with the help of social media. However, it’s not all. Ask your relatives and friends to spread the advertisement about your writings. The same should be done offline. You may initiate some workshops and conferences. There are lots of travel writers. Therefore, you have great chances to gather many of them for such meetings. When people share their experiences, they also learn from the others. This is a great chance to obtain popularity and become famous. Do not pass up this advantage. Establish your own “tribe” and develop yourself.
5. Know what you write about. You may be pretty surprised, but many travel writers undergo the same mistake. They do not realize what their main point is. Even those who already have decent amounts of followers have no idea what they describe in their writings. This sufficiently lowers communication skills. Such a practice does not promise anything good. Within some time, such writers lose their followers. This is an inevitable process, which leads to ruin. Before you put down the initial note, ask yourself what your readers are expecting to read. Walk in their shoes. Imagine that you are a reader who has no possibility to visit many foreign places, but who adores traveling. What would you like to learn? This is what you should begin with. Afterward, the process will go smoothly and naturally. Always care about the wishes of your audience because your major objective is to tell the stories to other people.
A Few More Writing Tips
Use our 5 expert recommendations and you have good chances to prosper. There is no end to the perfection. Everybody may improve his/her talents every day and in a different manner. Therefore, we have prepared a list of short tips, which will strengthen your writing skills recommended by Lauren Bradshaw, academic expert, hired by Custom Writings professional writing service. These are:
- Begin each piece of writing with a brief but strong introductory sentence.
- Come to the major point of your story as soon as possible to ignite a desire to read it.
- Be logical in your story.
- Connect the beginning with the end with a strong narrative thread.
- Quote people you meet during your trips.
- Escape clichés.
- Use plain and well-known phrases.
- Always check the facts you write about.
- Write economically.
- Write about the moments which can potentially impress your readers and not you.
Try to keep in memory this list as well. It is actually effective and helpful. If you use all of these recommendations, you will become a proficient travel writer. Travel the world, share your experience and enjoy your life at full!
Traveling To A New City
Traveling to a different city can be a fresh of breath air for the individuals who are getting a bit tired of their same old same old. Seeing the same thing over and over again can be quite dull and can make you go a bit insane.
That is why traveling is so refreshing. It allows us to experience more things and life is all about the experiences we have and make. So here are a few things you should keep in mind when you decide to hit up a new city for the weekend or a vacation.
# 1 – Car Rentals
You might find it incredibly beneficial for you to search for budget car rental coupons. This is especially true for the individuals who are traveling to areas that are considered too far for you to drive to.
Budget rental car coupons will not only save you some money on getting your rental car, but it will also make your traveling around the city much more accessible and affordable.
# 2 – Know The City
Knowing the city will prove to be invaluable for your vacations or weekend away. Knowing what spots are hot and entertaining will make your trip there all the better. If you are a lover of secret club scenes and party areas then doing a bit of research to find the hidden club spots will make visiting the city all worth it.
# 3 – Budget
It is something that even the best of us sometimes overlook; budget. Although you want to have a good time while you travel you also want to make sure that you have enough money to do and see as much as you can.
You don’t want to micromanage your vacation, but you do want to be a bit wary of how much you are spending. Always better to be on the cautious side then to be on the relaxed side; especially if you are in a different city far away from home.
Traveling Can Be Fun
If you are looking to get away for the weekend or planning a few week-long vacations in another city, then it would be a good idea to keep some of these ideas in the back on your mind. Traveling can be fun, and it can also be disastrous if you do not plan accordingly.
It is best always to play it safe and to think of as many scenarios as possible to tun your vacation into a splendid experience.
Which are the Healthiest Countries to Visit Around the World for Cancer Prevention?
If you are a fan of travelling the globe, then you are not alone! More and more people are finding out just how great this is and what awesome life experiences it can bring you. Whether you opt to see the world before you get married with your other half or simply go alone, it is highly recommended. With all the world to choose from, you are spoilt for choice with where to go and what to see.
But did you know that some countries are better to live or spend time in when thinking about cancer rates? Travelling is not always just about having fun, sometimes you also have to think about going somewhere that does you good or helps keep you healthy too.
What can affect cancer rates in a country?
Currently there is a massive amount of research going into the different types of cancer and how to treat them. A huge part of this is trying to work out what brings on the cancer itself in the first place and what lifestyle factors may be essential. Where we live or spend time can have a massive impact and things like diet, stress levels along with air quality are thought to have some sort of bearing here. Cancer research is seeing many new advances currently as illustrated in online journal Oncotarget which publishes the latest academic papers in this area.
Choosing your next holiday destination
Of course, the point of this article is not to scare you or say that any countries not listed here should be avoided. However, the countries below are thought to have the lowest cancer rates around so make great places to visit for a really healthy trip. Not only that but they may also give you a fresh outlook on how you are living back home to try to avoid cancer yourself.
- Niger – as of 2018, this African country has the lowest cancer rates in the whole world! Although it is not clear just why this is, scientists think they may have a few ideas to go from. The darker skin pigmentation of Niger citizens helps to protect from skin related cancers caused by the sun. When you add in less reliance on cancer causing processed foods as in the West and a less stressful lifestyle, these could be the keys to it all.
- India – this is a huge country but one that still has a lower cancer rate than many more developed Western countries. Diet seems to be a vital factor here with less meat consumed and more plants or vegetables. Again, less processed food is usually eaten also which may count a long way towards the overall effect. Many people also believe the higher quantity of spices like Turmeric consumed could help. It is also a great place to check out for the sights and sounds you will see here!
- Oman – along with Africa, many Middle Eastern countries have low cancer rates which makes them great for your health. Although no hard facts as to why have come out as yet, for Middle Eastern countries it is thought that the clothing worn to prevent sun induced skin cancers is one reason. Less red meat is consumed here along with no alcohol which has also been found useful in preventing cancers from forming.
- Ethiopia – this is a great place to visit and somewhere where you will always find a warm welcome. It is also another African country that is very healthy in terms of cancer prevention. As with a lot of the other countries on the list it may be down to less air pollution, less processed foods in the diet and a less busy lifestyle. Many of the countries with low cancer rates also have low obesity rates too which is an interesting connection that the West could learn from.
- Greece – not all European countries are high in terms of cancer rates – Greece is certainly one of the best for this. Their robust healthiness is put down to two things mainly. One is the good weather they have which means they spend a lot of time outside and the other is the famed ‘Mediterranean Diet’. This includes lot of fish, fruit and vegetables which are all high in anti-oxidants. Interestingly, they only drink alcohol in moderation.
Enjoy a healthy trip away
If you are looking for somewhere different to go for your next holiday, why not try one of the above? All have lots to recommend them in terms of things to see and do. Even better, they may just be great for your health and show you how to live when back home to keep cancer at bay.
Meet Cole and Adela
We have been wearing out our jandals (Kiwi for flip-flops) on our travel adventures around the world since 2009. We think our blog is thought provoking and a little witty. But we have been proven wrong before. Find out more about us here...
- Travel Tips1 year ago
Couples Travel – Why every couple should travel before marriage
- Adventure Travel1 year ago
Walking the Camino de Santiago Photos
- Europe2 years ago
Travel Tip: Train to Pisa from Florence
- Travel Blogging Tips1 year ago
Our Experience of Starting a Travel Blog
- Europe6 years ago
Photo Essay from around Costa Brava
- Personal Musings1 year ago
From Four Jandals to Two Jandals
- Travel Tips6 years ago
50 lessons learnt from travelling the world
- Adventure Travel6 years ago
2012 Travel Adventures in Photos